2012 VNY FRIENDLY FLYER AWARDS
“2012 Fly Friendly Award winners pictured with Deputy Executive Director Michael Feldman (top row 2nd from left), Airport Environmental Manager Scott Tatro (standing far left) and VNY Noise Office Leonard Krugler (standing far right). The winners pictured are representing TWC Aviation and Clay Lacy Aviation (top row left to right); West Coast Charters, JetSuite, Space Exploration Technologies, XOJET, NetJets, Jet-Alliance, and Paramount Pictures Corporate Aviation (seated from left to right).
Los Angeles World Airports is pleased to announce the following winners of the inaugural Van Nuys Airport Friendly Flyer Award for Calendar Year 2012. The awards were presented at the Board of Airport Commissioners meeting on May 21, 2013 in Van Nuys. The award winners were also commended by BOAC President Michael A. Lawson after the presentation. LAWA encourages all operators to Fly Friendly into and out of VNY. You too may be a winner based on your performance for the next calendar year!
Clay Lacy Aviation, Inc.
Dreamline Aviation, LLC
Flight Options, LLC
Glenbrook Capital Logistics, LLC
Green Two, Inc.
Leonard Green & Partners, L.P.
Paramount Pictures Corporate Aviation
Space Exploration Technologies Group
Travel Management Company, Ltd
West Coast Charters, Inc.
The Friendly Flyer award winners were determined using the following criteria:
- At least 60 southbound jet departures during CY 2012
- No violations of the following
- Noise Abatement and Curfew Regulation
- Non-Additional Rule
- Noisier Jet Phase Out
- 99% or greater compliance with the No Early Turn and the Quiet Jet Departure Programs
To view the press release announcing the 2012 VNY Friendly Flyer Awards please click here
As part of the VNY Part 150 Noise Compatibility Program, the Board of Airport Commissioners approved a voluntary Fly Friendly Program for jet aircraft that was established in 1994 to address the community noise issue. This voluntary program consists primarily of the Quiet Departure Program, which sets not-to-exceed target departure noise levels for specific aircraft types. Pilots adhere to the program by using noise abatement departure procedures approved by airplane manufacturers or the NBAA when departing VNY.
Due to changes in fleet mix, amount of new aircraft operators and new aircraft types operating into and out of VNY, the voluntary Fly Friendly/Quiet Departure program is being updated to include new target noise levels and to expand the number of aircraft included in the program. The updated program will also include a “Friendly Flyer” annual award acknowledging those operators who have the highest level of success in adhering to the program, and who also follow all other noise abatement policies and procedures (e.g., Noise Abatement and Curfew Regulation, and No Early Turn Program).
||Notification sent to jet operators informing them of the new program and 6-month transition period
|June 7, 2011
||VNAA Meeting at Airtel Plaza Hotel at 4pm:
- Brief presentation will be given regarding the program.
- Consultants and airport staff on hand to answer program questions.
|July 1, 2011
||6-Month Transition Period Begins:
- New target noise levels become effective (exceedances will not be counted against operator).
- Jet operators to make any necessary adjustments to adhere to new target noise levels.
- Operators continue to receive notification letters if noise levels are exceeded.
- Quiet Departure Program monthly reports not published for general distribution.
|December 31, 2011
||6-Month Transition Period Ends.
|January 1, 2012
||Official commencement date of Fly Friendly Program and Friendly Flyer Awards Program:
- New noise targets implemented (exceedances will be counted against jet operators).
- Resume Quiet Departure Program monthly reports distribution.
|May 21, 2013
||2012 Friendly Flyer Awards Ceremony: awards given to top 20 operators at the Board of Airport Commissioners Meeting in Van Nuys at the Van Nuys City Hall